- 3-2-1 Liftoff! — “One giant leap for mankind” is forever etched into our national psyche. Even though there are no more Space Shuttle launches that doesn't mean you can't experience the sounds and sensations of one in the Kennedy Space Center simulator. So strap in and experience your own exciting journey as you feel the rush into outer space.
- Be Stylin’ — Sinatra’s cool-cat Rat Pack era
of the ’50s evokes Miami Beach’s early prime. Top hotels like the Morris Lapidus-designed Fontainebleau and neighboring Eden Roc lured Frank, Elvis and JFK — and they can lure you for a weekend too! Even in modernity the glam remains.
- See the Sunset — Key West’s Mallory Square Dock offers the quintessential sunset party. It’s where the flip-flop-wearing crowds gather like clockwork. Troubadours, acrobats, conch vendors and street artists converge to applaud the glowing sphere as it kisses the Gulf goodnight.
- Splurge Baby — Palm Beach’s Worth Avenue is the tony island’s version of Rodeo Drive, especially at high season when the ladies who lunch and the hedge funders hobknob. Go ahead — make that once-in-a-lifetime, over-the- top purchase, be it Tiffany jewels or designer haute couture.
- Catch Air (boat) — Glide through the rippling River of Grass on a sleek airboat through the Everglades for a memorable ride. Acres of grasslands and hardwood hammocks comprise an ecosystem that’s a natural wonderland of flora and fauna, including big gators!