Tag: fort lauderdale
- The Weekend: Cruise Fort Lauderdale’s waterways. A winding river and countless canals leading to the ocean have earned Fort Lauderdale the nickname “The Venice of America.” Don't have a boat? Don't worry — there are still plenty of ways to enjoy it.
Start Here: Stay in the middle of the action by booking a room at Las Olas Boulevard’s historic Riverside Hotel. Executive Tower rooms have private balconies overlooking the yachts that cruise the New River, and the hotel is less than two miles from Fort Lauderdale Beach, so the water is always nearby.
1. Ditch expensive cab fares and take the Water Taxi to get around town. The big yellow boat cruises the New River along Las Olas Boulevard, stopping near the chic street’s hottest restaurants and bars. Or stay onboard for the entire trip to explore the river itself and enjoy hours of gorgeous, watery vistas.
2. Tour the city’s canals with a rod and reel. Captain Carl Ball of AWOL Fishing Charters knows the ins and out of the waterways — and where to find fish to hook the biggest tarpon in South Florida, along with snook, barracuda and more.
3. Watch the water while you eat at the casual Coconuts. The restaurant sits directly on the Intracoastal and has tasty bar food (think crispy conch fritters and coconut shrimp) and piña coladas. Live music Thursdays through Sundays enhances your viewing pleasure.
- Walk Fort Lauderdale’s beach and travel its endless canals by boat to discover this town’s sunny personality.
- Winding down after a 10-day Sunshine State adventure, one thing was a definite must: spa time.
- Location, location, location puts this Fort Lauderdale hotel in the right spot.
- The intimate Chef’s Table dining experience at East End Brasserie brought together perfect strangers with lots in common — the love of food, wine, travel and good conversation.
- Prime real estate lines the Intracoastal Waterway of this hip city. It’s a megayacht capital, which merges the beach scene and urban lifestyle, like none other.
- We've put together this amazing collection of high-quality widescreen wallpapers that are free to download and will absolutely inspire you!
- Your Florida! From glorious sunrises to nocturnal light spectacles, extraordinary photo opportunities abound in our home state. We hand over the reins to our readers in Florida Travel + Life’s second annual photo contest.
- Whether you’re a local looking for something to do or a visitor wanting to spend a night on the town, these hot spots, from Jacksonville to Key West, have the best clubs, lounges and restaurants to jump start your evening.
- I love sushi and sake so when I had a chance to attend a sushi making class with a flight tasting of sake I said count me in! What enticed me even more was the fact that it was being held at China Grill in Fort Lauderdale.
Sidebar Right Panel
Recent Blog Entries
Sip. Splash. Smile this Summer at Orlando's Collest Pool Resort!
Win a 3 night/4 day Family Getaway to Orlando!