- With a lobby set four stories above the ocean, an aqua-iridescent-tile wishing pond, and a private half-mile stretch of Atlantic shoreline, you're going to love this resort.
- 'Tween Waters Inn Island Resort is giving away 25 years of free trips in their "Vacation of a Lifetime" contest. Find out how you can enter to win!
The Weekend: Go back in time at Hollywood Beach. Experience Florida as it once was with this vintage getaway that recalls the “happy days” of the 1950s.
Start Here: Base yourself at the Riptide Oceanfront Hotel; this 1960s-era former apartment building is now 12-room hotel that charms with throwback décor and a friendly crowd. Just steps from the sand, this property is all about the beach experience—so kick off your flip-flops and dig your toes into the sand. Simply appointed rooms have all the basics, plus kitchenettes (a nice convenience). Hit the casual tiki bar for rumrunners and piña coladas, paired with live music.
1. Riptide guests get bicycles and beach toys at no extra charge. Rise early to ride and accompany the sunrise to the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk, home to kitschy Florida shops and nostalgic cheery vibes — a reminder that some things don’t have to change.
2. Yet another retro spot, Le Tub is a 1959 Sunoco gas station-turned-restaurant, famous for its oversize burgers. (In 2006, GQ named their burger the "Best Burger in America.") Expect a possible wait for grub here, but with a view this good of the Intracoastal Waterway (and eye-candy of quirky knickknacks dotting the walls), you won't mind a few extra minutes.
3. At night, get ready for music (think great oldies bands and classic favorites) and dancing under the stars at the Hollywood Beach Theatre. The laid-back outdoor venue hosts free live performances every night year-round starting at 7:30 p.m. — no reservations needed.
- One man. One board. One year. Expedition Florida 500 is real-life survival mixed in with ocean adventures and Florida history.
- What better way to top off a day of fishing than to dock at a restaurant and hand your catch over to the chef? Here's our favorite picks for the best seafood spots...right on the water.