- Three amazing Florida restaurants take poolside dining to the next level.
- Finally Walt Disney World debuts a pizzeria that puts all others to shame. Don’t expect fast food-style pies at Epcot’s Via Napoli in the Italy Pavilion.
- Sarasota's downtown comes to life at night with a bustling Main Street area that offers a variety of entertainment, bars and nightclubs.
- Racks Downtown Eatery and Tavern, the stunning new hot spot on the dining scene at Mizner Park in Boca Raton, is doing more than just filling the void where Pranzo once stood...
- I had an entertaining evening recently at RA Sushi in Palm Beach Gardens located at Downtown at the Gardens. Asked to be a judge at a charity event involving inspired sushi rolls, I was all in. There were four sushi rolls created by four charities: South Florida Affiliate of Susan G. Komen For the Cure, Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League, Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County and Make a Wish Foundation of Southern Florida. RA Sushi, with its swanky red and black interior, was buzzing with volunteers from these noteworthy charities eager to have their sushi deemed the crowd fave.
- When Emeril’s Tchoup Chop opened in Universal’s Royal Pacific Resort in Orlando a few years ago, it was one of my go-to restaurants for Asian-inspired dishes. Recently I popped back in and surprisingly found one of Orlando’s best chefs running the kitchen: Greg Richie.
- Last Friday in Sarasota, I joined the town’s foodies at Libby’s and Derek’s Culinary Casual for Savor Sarasota Restaurant Week (savorsarasota.com). Through June 14, diners can pick and choose from 33 restaurants where multi-course meals are just $15 for lunch and $25 for dinner. This unbelievable deal is an opportunity for diners to get out and discover Sarasota’s culinary scene without breaking the bank.
- Football, steak and coach Don Shula are as American as apple pie. Since retiring from the game, Shula has built an empire around red meat. The latest addition is Shula’s 347 Grill.
- It seems like just yesterday that I was celebrating the 10th anniversary of Disney World’s California Grill, the 15th-floor restaurant in the Contemporary Resort where the entertainment giant’s climb up the gourmet ladder began. Today we gathered to toast the restaurant’s 15th anniversary with a lunch prepared by chef Brian Piasecki and complemented with California wines selected by sommelier Bridget Sherren.
- Enjoy a relaxing road trip through Micanopy, McIntosh and Cross Creek — three small towns south of Gainesville that simply ooze Southern charm and historic cracker style.