- These days, the Sunshine State is having a love affair with Key lime pies and blueberry wine, guava sake and mango margaritas, pomegranate mojitos and strawberry shortcake (after all, we are smack dab in the middle of Florida's strawberry season). Why happened to the orange's A-list status? Can't we give this bright orb a mother-peelin' break?
- Arriving at Miami's new Baru Urbano, a destination for Brickell-area hipsters, my first reaction was 'cool.' The bohemian interior is quasi-industrial and graffiti-filled with colorful compelling Latin-inspired street art. It works, especially with the rich dark-wood-filled décor set against gold-hued banquettes. Immersed in the scene, I imagined this was a café in Buenos Aires or perhaps Bogota!
- Plan the ultimate foodie weekend around our tasty picks in Florida.
- Explore the Old Florida ambience and great grouper in Sarasota
- Our fave spots where good eats blend with cool breezes
- Forget trendy restaurants that aren't around long enough to really get the pots dirty. We went in search of the best and most authentic ethnic eateries in the state—and what we found sometimes surprised us.
On a recent early morning road trip in North Florida I found myself driving along a stretch of Gulf coast in Panama City Beach when hunger pains set in. Like a mirage in front of me, a funky food stand with glaring lights appeared in the hazy dawn. The big blue-and-white sign read: Thomas' Homemade Donuts (850.234.8039). I thought I died and went to heaven.
Sidebar Right Panel
Recent Blog Entries
Sip. Splash. Smile this Summer at Orlando's Collest Pool Resort!
Win a 3 night/4 day Family Getaway to Orlando!