- Looking for a new place to call home? Here are our top picks from around the state that might be perfect for you — go ahead and take a peek!
- The Weekend: Play golf in Palm Coast. The 19-mile Atlantic stretch between Daytona Beach and St. Augustine is one of the most peaceful areas of the state. Which means that you'll be able to stay cool, even if the shots don't go as straight or far as you'd like. (Hey, it happens to the best of us.)
Start Here: Duffers come to Hammock Beach Resort for the golf, but this 330-room luxe property offers plenty besides that as well, including two outdoor pools (one with a lazy river), a cigar bar and multiple restaurants with menu options ranging from Italian to sushi. Choose a tower suite with a kitchenette and plush living area or for more privacy, book a room in the 20-room Lodge, a boutique hotel-within-a-hotel set on the edge of the sand and Nicklaus-designed Ocean Course.
Weekend To Dos:
1. Start your weekend off by playing the Ocean Course; designed by Jack Nicklaus, it boasts six holes that face the ocean — more than any other single course in Florida. When you've conquered that, head inland to the Conservatory Course. Designed by Tom Watson, it’s one of the state’s longest and notoriously tough, with 143 bunkers.
2. When it gets too dark to play, drive to the town of Flagler Beach for fish and chips at the Golden Lion across the street from the Atlantic. Wrap your evening with a stroll on the municipal pier; it’s open till midnight and the sight will sooth you, no matter how you played.
- Golfers, get ready to rejoice: The Omni Orlando Resort & Villas at Championsgate is offering a getaway deal to play, practice & relax.
- One-stop vacations where all you need is at your fingertips. Find the best island escapes, romantic getaways and more. Arrive, check in and let the fun begin.
- Who would turn down an invitation to play at Arnie’s Place? Not me. I wanted to find out why this Orlando course is on so many golfers’ must-play lists.
- The Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress in Orlando is a gem in a sea of hotels. The property’s $54 million redo is reflected in a modern bi-level loft-suite (#1705) that's as circa Mad Men as it can get.
- Are you looking for that perfect spot to settle down? Here are some great ideas by home-style architecture, vintage neighborhoods as well as locations.
- No state has more golf holes than Florida, and we’ve scoured it to find those that best exemplify the mysterious qualities that make up a great course. Whether you’re a beginner or a scratch player, these five holes will tantalize you long after your last putt.
By Derek Duncan
- Location: Haines City | Greens fees: $85 | Yardage: 7,227 | Par: 72
- Here are some golf courses with fab fees that will make you feel like a pro