- Urbanites seeking a break from the hustle and bustle of the concrete jungle are finding creative public spaces that provide a breath of fresh air. Check out some of our favorite picks.
- Ready to experience Old Florida life with cowboys, soldiers and pioneers? Make plans to visit the Old Florida Festival at the Collier Museum in Naples on March 9-10.
The Weekend: Stay in downtown Naples. Leave the car keys behind with a weekend in the heart of downtown Naples, where you can people-watch from a balcony fronting Fifth Avenue and take a plunge in the city’s only rooftop pool.
Start Here: Stay at the swanky Mediterranean-inspired Inn on Fifth, a boutique inn nestled in the center of downtown Naples. With a location this good, there’s there’s no need for an advanced itinerary; the best of the city’s chic downtown is within walking distance, including high-end shops and galleries, chef-owned restaurants and even the beach — though you may prefer taking a dip in the rooftop pool instead.
1. On the third floor of the Inn is the Asian-inspired Spa on Fifth, where you can experience the benefits of wine— without taking a sip. The spa’s signature vinotherapy treatments capitalize on the antioxidant and anti-aging benefits of resveratrol and polyphenols, found in grapes, grape seeds and vines.
2. You won't have to walk far to sample Naples' dining scene. The Inn serves up pub food and draft beer at McCabe's Irish Pub & Grill, and fresh seafood at Truluck's Seafood Steak & Crabhouse. But that's just the start: There are more than 37 restaurants nearby, and you'll find one of our favorites, the Café & Bar Lurcat, just a three minute walk away. (Don’t miss their signature cinnamon and sugar mini-doughnuts, served perfectly warm.)
3. Catch a play at the Sugden Community Theatre, which offers year-round performances on Wednesday through Sunday. The venue is just a hop from the inn, so you can walk to one of the nightly shows.
- You can enjoy these popular beach activities without the worry of having to pack the gear—rent it at these cool places for your next day of fun in the sun.
- Looking for a cool spot to enjoy a bite to eat? Here are some new picks to try from juicy steaks and delicious crepes to classic French cuisine.
- We've put together this amazing collection of high-quality widescreen wallpapers that are free to download and will absolutely inspire you!
- Your Florida! From glorious sunrises to nocturnal light spectacles, extraordinary photo opportunities abound in our home state. We hand over the reins to our readers in Florida Travel + Life’s second annual photo contest.
- An insider’s guide to this historic — and most happening — street in Naples. So put on your walking shoes and start exploring.
- Looking for a great spot to enjoy a bite to eat? Here are 12 new picks to try – from fresh seafood to delicious Southern fried chicken.
- Naples quietly works her magic, revealing a lifestyle that’s slower paced than, say, Miami or Fort Lauderdale, but just as glamorous and vibrant.