- Between its lakes, rivers, streams and coastline, Florida has more than 12,000 miles of waterways tailor-made for fun in the sun — and in the Sunshine State, the water is definitely where the fun is.
- For the naturalist in each of us, there’s nothing like relaxing next to a slow-flowing, lily-pad-laden river, surrounded by lush palmettos. If that sounds good, Wekiva Island is your place.
- This Key West nature oasis is filled with butterflies, exotic birds and tropical flowers. Care to guess how many butterflies live here?
- As I toured the Botanic Gardens at the Kona Kai Resort in Key Largo, I discovered plenty of nature's surprises.
- Alfred Hitchcock would have been impressed. Migrating vultures, which winter in the Everglades National Park, seem to be reenacting scenes from The Birds.
- Hundreds of bird species (more than 500) reside in or visit Florida, many of which are found nowhere else in North America. And they’re just waiting to be watched. So where do you go? Check out our picks for the best birding in Florida.
- Get your Florida photo fix every week on our Facebook page!
- Every Thanksgiving Day weekend for the past 20 years, Lake Okeechobee has hosted a group of hikers aiming to complete the 109-mile journey in nine days.
- Birding enthusiasts head to the 14th annual Florida Keys Birding and Wildlife Festival. Bring your binoculars and get ready to see some unusual species.
- We’ll share our secret spots if you promise not to tell. Traveling under the radar, we find these unexpected gems — surprising even the most avid island hopper — that are perfect for a weekend getaway!
Sidebar Right Panel
Recent Blog Entries
Win a Three Day/Two Night Stay in a Deluxe One Bedroom Ocean View Suite at Hammock Beach Resort.