Tag: Siesta Key
- The Weekend: Slow down in Siesta Key. Recharge with a no-rush weekend on the flour-soft beaches of Siesta Key.
Start Here: You’ll find plenty of vacation rentals here, but to make things super-easy try the Hyatt Siesta Key Beach resort—the only luxury hotel property on the six-mile stretch. Instead of traditional hotel rooms, this residence club offers rentals on one- to four-bedroom condo-style units with washer-dryers and kitchen that would make any Food Network chef feel at home. Plentiful chaises, umbrellas, sand toys and paddleboards make it easy to relax oceanside, and the waterfall/hot-tub combo and poolside cabanas will equally spoil you.
1. Complimentary bicycles let you cruise under the banyan trees on Midnight Pass Road at a leisurely pace. Along the way, you can peek into the backyards of some of the region’s most gorgeous beach houses.
2. Go north and peruse Siesta Key Village to shop at funky stores for hats and flip-flops. Later, indulge in a big scoop of Kahlua Krunch ice cream at Big Olaf’s Creamery. (We won’t tell anyone how fast you eat it.)
3. Nearby Ophelia’s on the Bay serves waterside romance and a luscious blue-crab bisque. Request a table on the outdoor terrace skirting Little Sarasota Bay, and take your time as you dine, keeping an eye out for dolphin and long-legged waterfowl.
4. No one understands the importance of slowing down more than Southerners, so don’t miss a meal at Owen's Fish Camp restaurant for a home-grown taste of the Gulf with cornmeal-crusted catfish and collard greens.
- It's time to suit up! Check out our new insider's guide to fab shops, where you'll find eye-popping and super-sexy swimwear.
- From the beaches on the Atlantic Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico — here are 6 of our favorite beaches around the state.
- The arts overflow in this sophisticated city, where buying a home on one of five keys or on the downtown waterfront is tempting.
- Here are our favorite things to do that don't require you to open your wallet.
- Check out our annual guide to the best beaches along the Gulf of Mexico. Grab a towel, lounge chair and your sexiest swimsuit, and then dive in.
- Always on the lookout for new places to stay, I headed to Sarasota to visit the Hyatt Siesta Key Beach resort. Surrounded by impressive private homes and tidy bungalows for rent, the resort is the only luxury property standing six stories tall on the edge of a six-mile-long beach famous for its white, flour-soft sands. Think: Room with a balcony so close to the Gulf of Mexico you can smell the fresh sea air and feel the breezes.
- We scoured the state for the smokiest, tastiest barbecue. Here are our top picks!
- Enter a city where its culture captivates, its people intrigue and its restaurants impress. All along the shimmering shore of the Gulf of Mexico.
Sidebar Right Panel
Recent Blog Entries
Sip. Splash. Smile this Summer at Orlando's Collest Pool Resort!
Win a 3 night/4 day Family Getaway to Orlando!