Tag: St. Petersburg
- The Weekend: Pamper yourself at a St. Pete Beach landmark. Make a weekend without leaving the grounds at one of Florida’s iconic hotels.
Start Here: Standing proudly on a barrier island on the Gulf, the historic Loews Don CeSar Hotel (appropriately nicknamed Florida’s “Pink Palace” for its flamingo hue) is the perfect blend of Roaring Twenties romance and modern-day resort elegance. The best digs by our account are the Junior Grand Suites, with private balconies that face the Gulf.
1. Dine in at the signature Maritana Grille and Lobby Bar. Bespoke cocktails, fresh seafood and organic veggies add up to a light yet rich meal to remember — especially if you reserve a cozy table near the giant saltwater tank, where lionfish will entertain you between courses. For dessert, simpler palates can go for the ice cream (it’s homemade), but the more adventurous can try the Key Lime Bavarian Reveal — a unique dessert with a delicate white chocolate dome that melts away when the waiter pours hot raspberry sauce over it to reveal the treat inside.
2. The Don faces one of the best beaches, and aims to make sure you enjoy it in style with private daybeds and oceanfront food-and-bevvy service. Or make your perch at one of two Gulf-front pool, where the Pool Concierge team makes the rounds all day with offering from Evian-water mists to frozen fruit kabobs, gratis. There are also kayak and jet-ski rentals onsite, should you want to take in the hotel from a different vantage point.
3. Recharge with the hotel’s 11,000-square-foot Spa Oceana’s three-hour Honeymooners package, a favorite of Don CeSar guests — newlyweds or not. The indulgent itinerary will spoil you with its hydrating bath, full-body exfoliation, massage and facial. End your spa experience with lunch on the private rooftop garden overlooking the Gulf — gazing at the crystal blue waters will keep the refreshed feeling long after the three hours are over.
- Sleepy coastal towns mean laid-back, toes-in-the-sand fun. So, go ahead and catch some rays — and more — at one of these three gorgeous beaches.
- Nothing shouts summer fun louder than these resorts’ over-the-top swimming pools — and cool lagoons — with lazy rivers, crazy slides and even a new splash park. We found bodies of water that are perfect for everyone!
- Summer is the perfect time for grilling. Here are four of the best local seasonings for your next backyard cookout or barbecue.
- Your Florida! From glorious sunrises to nocturnal light spectacles, extraordinary photo opportunities abound in our home state. We hand over the reins to our readers in Florida Travel + Life’s second annual photo contest.
- Impressive views from the sky! Here are 5 amazing images that are truly inspiring and allow you to see these locations in a different light.
- We scour the state for tasty places to linger with a cup of Joe and warm pastries.
Looking for a romantic weekend that's a little more intimate? These 5 Florida B&Bs ooze charm.
- A sleepy little beach town — tucked away — offering plenty of Old Florida charm.
Population: 13,000 | Main Drag: Beach Boulevard | Style: Old Florida
- Grab your helmet, trusty bike and the family — head out for a relaxing afternoon ride through these parks, trails and rural areas.