Viva Florida 500
If you’ve ever driven down I-95, you may have (okay, definitely) noticed a T-rex standing guard at over the entrance to Dinosaur World at Exit 17. One of our favorite quirky Florida attractions, the dino-themed park is celebrating its fifteenth anniversary this year.
- At 76-years-old, Stanley Paris will be the oldest sailor to attempt circling the globe in 150 days or less in tribute to the maritime history of Florida.
- It’s almost that time of year to gather ‘round the dinner table and tuck into that roasted turkey and stuffing. What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? Here are our top 10 reasons why we're thankful for my favorite tropical peninsula.
- Happy Halloween! Take a break from all the candy, and get yourself in the spirit with Florida’s best haunted happenings.
- With the return of fall comes the return of all things pumpkin. However, we prefer our pumpkin flavors served in a glass. Want a taste? Here are the best places to sample Florida’s own seasonal beers.
- Boo! It’s fall in Florida and what better to celebrate the (slightly) cooler weather than a bevy of Halloween festivities? Here's some of our favorites!
- Don’t worry, be happy, reggae fans —the History Miami museum will be jamming all the way into 2014 with its new Bob Marley Messenger exhibition.
- With this year marking 500 years of history, it also marks 500 years of diversity in Florida — a claim no other state can make. This month is National Hispanic Heritage Month, and Florida’s strong Latin influences deserve to be recognized! Here some of our favorite ways we’re celebrating this month.
- Are you a drummer at heart? Interested in Native American culture? Whether you fancy a Native American dish or want to buy handmade crafts or participate in one of the many drum competitions, the Thundering Drums Native Gathering promises a weekend celebrating cultural identity.
- Ready to hunt some lions? The Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary and Reef Environment Education Foundation are hosting a Lionfish Derby to expel these invasive species.