- Siesta Key - From morning marathons to sunset cocktails, Siesta Key is a favorite gathering spot in the Sarasota area. A resident sculptor surprises with dinosaurs and castles in the sand.
- Clearwater - Watching the sun set from a gulf-front luxury suite at the Sandpearl Resort spells total indulgence in paradise.
- Cayo Costa - Take a ferry or private boat to this white ribbon of sand off Charlotte Harbor. It's just you and the seabirds.
- Gasparilla Island - It was tarpon fishing that first put Gasparilla Island on the map. Today, its little town Boca Grande is sought out for its sparkling Gulf waters, chic boutiques and inn.
- Captiva Island - After a sunset dip in lush Gulf waters, stroll over to the island's one-block downtown for live music and cool cocktails.
- Sanibel Island - Be sure to bring a mesh bag to Sanibel Island, the shelling capital of Florida (low tide reveals the best shells). Keep an eye out for dolphin pods just off the shore.
- Barefoot Beach - Find the quieter side of Naples with a visit to Barefoot Beach, where palm trees guard the shoreline. Half the fun is ogling opulent homes on the way to the sand.
- Marco Island - Stay at a top resort on a half-moon beach, then venture into the Everglades.