The Florida premiere of “Bad Behaviour” will be the opening night feature at the red-carpet opening of the 13th annual Fort Myers Film Festival.
The film will be shown at the Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center on May 17. In the 2023 movie, Lucy (played by Jennifer Connelly), a former child actress, seeks enlightenment at a retreat run by spiritual guide Elon (played by Ben Withrow), while juggling her close but tumultuous relationship with her stuntwoman daughter Dylan (played by Alice Englert).
The movie made its global premiere at Sundance in January.
The global premiere of Sasha Levinson’s seven-minute short “Yacht on the Rocks,” which features Straight No Chaser’s soundtrack and is directed, will also be part of the evening’s opening events.
Members of Straight No Chaser, who will be there for the inaugural night, will also perform during the evening.
Cast and crew from films that have been formally chosen for the 2023 Fort Myers Film Festival will be among the VIPs in attendance. On Sidney’s Rooftop at the Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center, there will be a champagne and dance afterparty at sunset to wrap up the evening. The cost of a ticket is $20 for the film alone or $100 for the film including a VIP meet & greet.
On the final night, there will be a panel discussion with filmmakers, a cosplay contest in the street, and the Florida premiere of “Lost Cos” (2023).
The film, directed by Robin de Levita and starring Evgeniya Radilova, centers on Eni, who seeks refuge in Los Cos, a mysterious underground club where cosplay and burlesque collide and heroes and villains blur the lines between fantasy and reality. Eni is haunted by her tortured childhood and the violent death of the great love of her life.
The festival will screen 79 brand-new independent and international films from around the world, many of which were filmed in Florida.
More stories like this:
- Not-So-Welcome Home: Invasive Species in Florida
- Is Florida the Lighting Capital of the World?
- Popular Myths about Florida Debunked
- Urban Legends about Florida That Keep You Awake at Night
- Was There Actually a Fountain of Youth in Florida Once?
- Is St. Augustine Really the Oldest City in America?
- 11 Crazy Things To Do in Orlando
- 25 Fun Things to Know About Disney’s Animal Kingdom on its 25th Anniversary
- Things to do in Orlando Besides Theme Parks
- Is There a Six Flags Park in Florida?
- Is Jacksonville Really the Country’s Biggest City?
- Is Florida the Hurricane Capital of the World?