Two high school students walked the Hollywood blue carpet alongside Halle Bailey for the world premiere of the live-action adaptation of Disney’s “The Little Mermaid” this week.
Dylan Jones of Atlanta, Ga., and Madison Henderson of Los Angeles, Calif., whom Bailey met while serving as the celebrity ambassador for Disney Dreamers Academy at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida earlier this spring, were invited to join her in Hollywood by Bailey, who plays the lead role of Ariel in the film.
Before they went to the movie screening, Jones and Henderson, two aspiring filmmakers, spent time with Bailey on the blue carpet. They later joined the cast and crew at the afterparty where they mingled with the Hollywood celebrities they aspire to be in the future.
At Walt Disney World Resort’s mentoring program, Disney Dreamers Academy, 100 students are chosen each year from among thousands of applicants from across the country. The program, which has impacted more than 1,600 students’ lives over the course of the previous 16 years, is intended to help young people recognize and pursue their aspirations.
On May 26, “The Little Mermaid” opens in theaters all throughout the country.
More stories like this:
- 25 Fun Things to Know About Disney’s Animal Kingdom on its 25th Anniversary
- Things to do in Orlando Besides Theme Parks
- 11 Crazy Things To Do in Orlando
- Is There a Six Flags Park in Florida?
- Is Florida the Lighting Capital of the World?
- Popular Myths about Florida Debunked
- Urban Legends about Florida That Keep You Awake at Night
- Was There Actually a Fountain of Youth in Florida Once?
- Is St. Augustine Really the Oldest City in America?
- Is Jacksonville Really the Country’s Biggest City?
- Is Florida the Hurricane Capital of the World?