Two competing transportation companies are merging into one new service to provide transportation for guests from Orlando International Airport to the Walt Disney World Resorts.
Mears Connect and the Sunshine Flyer will combine to form Mears Connect Driven by Sunshine. The new service aims to provide enhanced booking capabilities, guaranteed 24/7 service and a hassle-free experience for tourists visiting the Disney theme parks.
Mears Connect Driven by Sunshine is the only 24-hour shuttle servicing both A/B and C Terminals for both arrivals and departures and is fully wheelchair accessible and ADA-compliant for both standard and express services.
For guests using Mears Connect Driven by Sunshine, here are some tips:
- The new service will begin August 1, 2023.
- A dedicated hotline is available 24/7 to answer questions and assist guests regarding new reservations: (407) 423-5566
- For all existing reservations, unless otherwise provided, please contact the customer care team on your confirmation email.
- Guests may also email during business hours: [email protected].
- Mears Connect guests will not be impacted and reservations will remain the same.
- Sunshine Flyer guests traveling between July 14 and July 31 will receive an email using the email linked to the original reservation to confirm all travel instructions.
“While we have been competitors in the past, we have always shared the same goals to provide guests with safe, reliable, cost-effective, stress-free travel between the airport and Walt Disney World resorts”, said Rebecca K. Horton, Chief Operating Officer of Mears Transportation. “By merging operations, sharing ideas, expanding services, collaborating on what’s best for the guest, we believe we can provide an even better guest experience given the challenges and opportunities in today’s travel market.”
To learn more about Mears Connect Drive by Sunshine, click here.