Former NBA player Dion Waiters, the fourth overall choice in the 2012 NBA Draft by Cleveland, has listed his upscale Pinecrest, Fla., home for sale for $18 million. It’s one of the largest houses ever built in the Miami suburb, according to Realtor.com.
Waiters played for eight seasons and had a reputation as a player who could score points in large quantities. He also acquired the moniker “Waiters Island” from NBA analysts who liked his bravado and believed in his skills.
Waiters has been out of the league since he helped the Los Angeles Lakers to a championship in 2020. This time, Waiters is moving outside of South Florida. He’s currently alternating between living in Philadelphia – his hometown – and South Florida.
Waiters’ 14,000-square-foot house, which was constructed in 2016, sits on over two acres. The house has nine bedrooms and eleven complete bathrooms inside. There are numerous opulent main bedrooms from which the prospective owner might choose, according to the listing company P.U.R.E. Investments, Inc.
On the lower level, there is an additional principal suite, and on the second story, on the other side of the house, there is a third suite. One of the bedrooms has been used as a home theater by Waiters.
For extended family, there are two additional bedrooms and baths nearby with a separate entrance.
The house has a stunning entrance thanks to the series of reflecting pools in front of it. A large amount of seating, an outdoor kitchen, a teppanyaki grill, and barbeque surround the swimming pool area in the backyard.
More stories like this:
- Former Gator, NBA Champ Selling Florida Estate
- Lil Wayne Sells Miami Beach Home for $22.5 Million
- Swap Your Luggage for These Packing Cubes
- Princess Soon Sailing from Florida’s Biggest Port
- Florida Lands Biggest Princess Ship Yet in 2024
- Things Getting Spooky at Disney Cruises
- 116-Day Cruise to Set Sail from Florida
- Florida’s Largest Cruise Port is Not Miami Anymore
- Magical Gifts on Amazon for Harry Potter Fans
- Family-Friendly Airbnbs Near Orlando’s Theme Parks
- Best Things to Eat at Universal Stories and Islands of Adventure
- 25 Fun Things to Know About Disney’s Animal Kingdom on its 25th Anniversary