The 3rd annual BBQ & Bluegrass Hoot ‘n’ Annie will offer a three-course BBQ dinner prepared by national champion pitmaster Dana Hillis. The event supports the Suncoast Foundation for Handicapped Children. Bluegrass entertainment is provided by the five-time IBMA Banjo Player of the Year, winner of the Steve Martin Prize for Excellence in Banjo and Bluegrass, Sammy Shelor of the Lonesome River Band.
Insider scoop: The BBQ & Bluegrass Hoot ‘n’ Annie is an offshoot of the Suncoast BBQ & Bluegrass Bash that went on hiatus in 2020 due to the pandemic.
• Social hour
• Entertainment by The Swinging Bridge Bluegrass Band.
• Appetizers: pulled pork sliders, BBQ brisket tacos and buffalo chicken dip with crackers and celery
• Welcome, acknowledgments, and call to action
• BBQ dinner by Big Papa’s Country Kitchen: St. Louis ribs, 1/4 chicken, baked beans, coleslaw, mac ‘n cheese and cornbread.
• Live auction and wooden nickel raffle
• Dessert: apple cobbler
• Entertainment by Lonesome River Band
April 14, 2023
Fox Lea Farm
800 N Auburn Rd
Venice, FL 34292