Ed Smith Stadium in Sarasota had been home to the Chicago White Sox and Cincinnati Reds since it was built in 1989. Since 2010, the Orioles have called it home; the facility even features 7,100 seats that were recycled from the team’s regular home at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Baseball fans are typically drawn to the greater Tampa Bay area in the spring because the region features a slew of other teams a close drive away including the Toronto Blue Jays (Dunedin), Pittsburgh Pirates (Bradenton), Philadelphia Phillies (Clearwater) and New York Yankees (Tampa).
2023 Baltimore Orioles Spring Training Schedule
STADIUM LOCATION: Ed Smith Stadium 2700 12th St Sarasota, FL 34237
WHAT TO DO BEFORE AND AFTER: Sarasota, located just south of Tampa Bay on Florida’s West Coast, itself is known for its vibrant culture and arts scene. Attractions include:
- The Ringling Museum of Art;
- The Mote Marine Laboratory;
- The white sand beaches of Siesta Key, and
- The tony shopping district of St. Armands Circle.
- Yoder’s Restaurant & Amish Village (3434 Bahia Vista Street, Sarasota, FL 34239) has been a longtime favorite of locals. serving up huge portions of American favorites such as meatloaf, liver and onions and homemade apple pie.
- Sarasota also has one of a handful of locations of the Columbia Restaurant (411 St Armands Circle, Sarasota, FL 34236), which specializes in traditional Cuban cuisine.
- If you’re craving local seafood, Owen’s Fish Camp (516 Burns Lane, Sarasota, FL 34236) offers oysters, fish, shrimp and more – all with a Southern twist.