Summer is in full swing, which means the Fourth of July is just around the corner. How’s your cocktail game? Are you ready with the appropriate drinks for Independence Day? The mixologists at Florida’s Distillery 98 are here to help.
Get ready for the “Baby I’m a Firework” cocktail. A mix of Half Shell Vodka (for the white color), sweet muddled strawberries (the red) and topped with blueberries (the blue) gives this simple cocktail a firework of flavor.
If you’re new to Half Shell Vodka, here is its unique story. Half Shell Vodka is a new sustainably minded spirit produced by Distillery 98 in Santa Rosa Beach in Florida’s Panhandle.
For its vodka, Distillery 98 uses water from local aquifers and Florida-grown corn that is later recycled into livestock feed. Their spirits are even packaged in a 94 percent recyclable paperboard bottle. The liquor’s catchy name is inspired by the distillation process, which includes a unique activated coconut carbon and oyster shell filtration system.
The spirit is distilled 18 times, raising pH levels and adding a hint of sweetness.
Here’s the full recipe for “Baby I’m A Firework.”
Baby I’m A Firework
- 2 oz Half Shell Vodka
- 2 muddled strawberries
- 0.5 oz of lemon
- 0.5 oz of simple syrup
Simple Syrup Recipe:
- Combine 1 part sugar to 1 part water in a saucepan, stir till dissolved
- Bring to a light boil for 20 minutes
- Transfer syrup to a container and let cool before refrigerating
- In a tall glass, add two strawberries and muddle
- Then fill glass with ice
- In a shaker, add 2 oz of Half-Shell Vodka, 0.5 oz of lemon juice, 0.5 oz of simple syrup, and shake.
- Strain over glass, then garnish with blueberries.