National Mango Day falls on July 22 this year, and while this Vitamin A-rich food doesn’t offer the cocktail cachet of Cinco De Mayo, there are still some great summer drinks to mix up on this particular day.
Half Shell Vodka, a sustainable liquor distilled in Florida, has concocted its own cocktail recipe – the ManGo Get Me Another. This refreshing, naturally sweet drink has a 1:1:1 shaken ratio of lemonade and pineapple and mango juice.
If you’re not familiar with Half Shell Vodka, it’s produced by Distillery 98 in Santa Rosa Beach in Florida’s Panhandle. The homegrown operation created spirits in small batches from locally sourced, family-farmed ingredients.
For its vodka, Distillery 98 uses water from local aquifers and Florida-grown corn that is later recycled into livestock feed. Their spirits are even packaged in a 94 percent recyclable paperboard bottle. The liquor’s catchy name – Half Shell Vodka – is inspired by the distillation process, which includes a unique activated coconut carbon and oyster shell filtration system.
Here’s the recipe for the ManGo Get Me Another
- 1.5 oz of Half Shell Vodka
- 1 oz of pineapple juice
- 1 oz of mango juice
- 1 oz of lemonade
- Splash of cherry juice
- In a shaker, add the pineapple juice, mango juice and lemonade.
- Add ice. Shake vigorously.
- In a highball glass, add ice and pour in vodka. Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Once all the ingredients are added, pour the splash of cherry juice on top.
- Garnish with a cherry and dehydrated lemon.